The Staff Senate of The College of New Jersey contributes to the advancement of the College’s mission by serving as the official representative body of all non-faculty staff and by actively participating in campus governance. The Staff Senate does not purport to be a collective bargaining unit and will not negotiate terms and conditions of employment.
- In fulfilling this role, the Staff Senate shall: Administer a fair process for appointing staff representatives to serve on standing committees and advisory councils within the College’s governance structure other than those appointed by the College President.
- Consider and recommend action on existing and proposed polices and procedures, as well as any other matters related to the interests of the College, the campus community, and other stakeholders.
- Provide a forum for examination of common concerns and issues related to quality of life relative to the campus community.
- Maintain and promote effective channels of communication among staff, faculty, students, the administration, the Board of Trustees, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement other goals and activities as determined by the Staff Senate to be consistent with its overall purpose and the mission of the College.
- Be sensitive to a balanced representation across job categories when making staff appointments.
- Uphold and advance the College’s commitment to equal opportunity and appreciation of diversity in all its policies, procedures, decisions, appointments, and other actions.